25.04.2009

Akatsuki on vacation

So, if this is supposed to be a scrapblog, I should post something about my scrapbooks, right?
Now let me tell you about my recent project.
I´ve been a manga and anime fan for several years now, ocassionally doing some fanart, too. While I was working, I kinda lost track of most of my creative hobbies due to a lack of time – though I started scrapbooking a while ago.
A couple of months ago I got unemployed and one good thing that happened was, that I started to paint again.

One of my favorite mangaseries is Naruto and I did several fanarts over the last months. One day I thought about ideas how to create something new and decided to try to combine fanart and scrapbooking. And this is how the project “Akatsuki on vacation” started...
Akatsuki is the evil organisation in Naruto, consisting of ten members at the most. And they are all cool! XD And I sent them on vacation to do an unusual scrapbook album in the end.

First I started with small watercolor paintings of all members in the photosize of 10 x 15 cm. I scanned the pictures and combined the characters with a photobackground out my stock.
Some pictures were printed in the local photo shop, some on my own printer.
Well, and NOW I´m ready to scrap!
Fortunately I already have several matching papers I can use but I didn´t miss the chance to go shopping in the Hamburger Scrapbook-Center that I really like. Now I have enough cardstock, paper and other stuff – let´s start!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen