26.04.2009

Kakuzu

Painted last, scraped first!
I had really trouble finding a theme for Kakuzu. First I had no idea at all, then I thought about “Treasure Island/Pirates of the Carribbean” (Kakuzu is the treasurer of Akatsuki) but obviously had no matching pictures...
On my three-day-trip to Fehmarn this Easter I visited the U 11, a submarine that is exhibited in the haven of Burgstaaken and came up with the “Silent Hunter” theme, since Kakuzu is also described as a very talented assassin.

This is a very typical design for me – clean and simple!
Accidentally I just bought – without knowing – the perfect paper for this piece, there couldn´t have been a better match. I just added some ribbon and the eyelets to represent the numerous bolts holding together a submarine (or maybe a bull´s eye, also a very common maritime motive).

Cardstock: Prism Papers
Patterned paper: sei
Ribbon: Nanu Nana
Eyelets: Gütermann creativ
Stamps: see~d´s
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen